Thursday, October 8, 2020

The one who got away (from a few years ago).

 Very recently I talked to a person you could consider "the one who got away". I turned him down in hs. He was sweet to me, so cute, and the connection was there. My life would have been VERY different if I had said yes. His life would have been different. I do not live my life with regret. I can think of very few times when I’ve layed my head in my hands and really ached about my decision making. I haven’t had an easy life. Some might say I can only blame myself. I picked men not based on compatibility but on what I believed was chemistry but really it was probably me looking for validation. Not that said “one who got away” wasnt validating me-he was, but maybe because he wasnt broken, didnt NEED me, he knew his own self worth instead of feeling hopeless like SOME of my other love selections, I was scared to let him in. Ladies; don't be like Jenn. Find a man who knows and respects himself,  knows his own worth along with seeing yours. Dont fall into the “oh but I need to save someone “ trap. You dont need to save anyone and they dont need to save you. That's not something healthy to base a relationship or especially a marriage on. Pick someone your dad would pick for you. Pick the person who’s nice to your mom, and carries her bags ALL the way to the train door, ( Justin Gereg ) Pick someone who matches your drive, your moral compass, and your loyal nature. Pick someone who keeps you on your toes and inspires you to be your best you.

No comments:

Post a Comment